It enables you to partition a physical server into multiple virtual machines and to start experiencing the benefits of virtualization. VMware Server is a robust yet easy to use product for users new to server virtualization technology and is based on VMware’s proven technology, which has been used by thousands of companies around the globe.
A virtual machine is like a server, but instead of electronics, it is software. A virtual machine runs operating systems and applications just like a physical server. However, virtual machines offer users many advantages over physical servers.
- Are hardware independent and run on any x86 physical server.
- Can access all physical host hardware resources such as CPU, memory, disk, networking and peripherals.
- Are saved as files and can be provisioned and moved quickly.
- Are completely isolated and secure.
- Can run simultaneously and safely on the same physical server.
- Are portable, so full systems including virtual hardware, operating systems and fully configured applications can be easily moved from one physical server to another, even while in operation.
- Can be built and distributed as plug-and-play virtual appliances that contain the entire stack of virtual hardware, operating system and fully configured software applications.
Tipo de licencia 1
Página del autor Visita la página del autor
Fecha que se añadió. 07/11/2008
Tamaño 102.09 MB (< 14min @ 1Mbps)
Sistemas operativos Linux1
1La informacion sobre la licencia y el sistema operativo se basa en la ultima version del programa.
(Sin calificación de usuarios)